Wednesday, June 8, 2011

my fitness routine

via yourearth4energy.com

I work out at home. I also do my job from home and my studies too.  It's a good thing I have some nice friends I enjoy spending time with.  If it weren't for them, I'd be home all the time it seems!  Dealing with the challenges of working and studying from home is a topic for another post though.  Today I want to talk about my fitness routine.

Fitness is important to me.  But I never really liked the gym much, except if the gym was offering many Yoga and Pilates classes and had nice clean facilities like a steam room, a sauna, showers with good pressure and a pool would be nice too.  I guess one could say I have high expectations.  But when you don't like going to the gym, you need the perks.  So anyways, since living in Frankfurt, I haven't found any reasonable facilities in my area (because I don't live right in the city).  Therefore, I decided to put together my own fitness routine I could do from home.  After much internet searching and a tip from my cousin, I did it.

I was into it for about three weeks and then came some dental problems and since then I've been advised not to raise my heat rate too much since it will cause my problem teeth to hurt.  I just got back from the dentist and I have to go back next week it seems, so sadly, my fitness routine and I will be spending more time apart, I guess.

I miss my fitness routine.  I've been longingly watching the videos I follow anyway.  What a kook I am.  But I read somewhere once that just thinking about working out or watching someone do so helps a tiny bit to keep you in shape.  (I'll have to find the reference to that one!)

Since I've been obsessively watching these videos, I thought I'd share some links with you here because they are good tools for anyone who works out from home, and I'm assuming that's a lot of us. So without further delay, here it is:


Holly's Weekly Workout Routine

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday I work out with  Zuzana at bodyrock.tv.  I love her calisthenic workouts.  I feel like they are the perfect combo of strength and cardio training I'm looking for. But beware, they are super intense!!  You have to try it to believe it, it's insanity.  I have two favourite workouts (Hot Bikini Body Workout and Halo of Sweat Workout) and I alternate between them. But sometimes to keep it interesting I do the one she is suggesting for the day on the website.  Her workout videos are not usually follow along style.  They're just to show the proper way to do the different exercises.  Not to worry though, the details and instructions are clearly posted below the video on the site so you can easily do it yourself. 



Wednesday and Saturday I do a yoga routine from iYogaLife.com.  There are so many goodies on this site, no matter what your yoga level. Usually I do around 3 or 4 sun salutations to warm me up and then I choose three videos from the Core Power Hour series.  Click on watch video at the bottom of the post. Underneath that you'll find parts 1 to 5.


Besides that, I try to walk or bike everywhere, take the stairs, eat well and maintain a positive outlook.

What do you think?  Do you have any health and fitness tips you'd like to share?



See you soon,
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment