Saturday, June 25, 2011

moodboard fun

A while ago, a friend, who was moving into a new apartment, asked me to help her get inspired.  As you can imagine, I took to the task like a moth to a flame.  I do this kind of stuff for my school work all the time, but this time it was for a real person, so it was just that much more exciting.  She mainly needed help with the bedroom and open living/dining space.

Her wishes included:
- using green and purple
- creating a space that was relaxing (yoga studio feel) and comfortable but modern at the same time
- and keeping that feeling throughout the apartment
- nothing that involves too many alterations to the space because it's a rental and probably a temporary space.

Here's what I came up with in the end:




I had so much fun doing this.  I hope these will be useful tools for her to achieve the home she really desires.  I wish I was across the ocean, to do all her shopping!  

What do you think?  You like, you don't like ... feel free to share your thoughts.


see you soon,
xoxo
Holly

5 comments:

  1. Ich finde Deine moodboards ganz wunderbar inspirierend! Das Bett ist hier dasselbe wie bei dem Ferienhaus, richtig?

    ReplyDelete
  2. FROM MARIA

    I think the are nice color for your place. Some of you, seems to be in it. Great job, Holly.

    Mommy xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Needle Little Balance: danke schoen und du hast Recht uber das Bett - gutes Auge!

    @Mommy: thanks Ma ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the colour choices and I'm happy that my little project & 3 D moodboard put together in the veranda of Apart44 has inspired you! I kinda miss being there now that I see this...

    Fresh green always brings nice energy while at the same time calming down...I'd love to see pictures of the place !

    xoxo,
    Iro

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Iro...i know I can always count on you for inspiration ;)

    ReplyDelete