Monday, August 31, 2009

Berlin vs Bremen - 2:3



We went to the Olympic stadium yesterday to watch a soccer game - Berlin vs Bremen. We hoped Bremen would win, and they did!! It was very exciting and very German =) We drank big beers and cheered very loudly when our team scored. But we were mainly quiet the rest of the time since we were cheering for the away team. The stadium fits almost 80 000 people!! It was about 3/4 full. That's a lot of freakin' people!!! The fans are insane. They sang songs (in German) and cheered and jumped and danced for the whole length of the game! I was surprised by their stamina. The ride home on the S-bahn was also crazy. The Polizei was everywhere and very equipped and prepared to deal with potential unruly fans - although I have not heard that any took place.
Soccer games are super fun and I've decided I will attend many more games in the future. Plus Pauli is a super soccer fanatic - needless to say he had the best time =)



1 comment:

  1. Hey Holly,

    I'm soo jealous!! German soccer games are funnnnn! The fans are insane.

    I miss you sooo much! I can't wait to see you at Christmas. I'm saving up so that we can go shopping!!! Muahaha

    Hope to talk to you soon.

    Anna

    ReplyDelete