Friday, December 31, 2010

All the best.

I got a card today from my zio and zia in Calgary.  They quoted Alfred Lord Tennyson's "Ring out, Wild Bells".  It gave me such a nice feeling and I found it so appropriate that I thought I should share with all of you.  We all strive to be happy, or happier, or to maintain our happiness, but I think that cannot be achieved without being true to oneself.  This excerpt reminded me of that at a perfect time.


"... Ring out the old, ring in the new,
      Ring, happy bells, across the snow:
     The year is going, let him go;
     Ring out the false, ring in the true..."
                 
                                                                        - A. Lord Tennyson



I sincerely wish you all a wonderful and continuously truer 2011. 


 xoxo
Holly 

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Tartlett....miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BELL is an english word in the family of an italian word CAMPANELLI. HAPPY NEW YEAR, HOLLY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quote.

    Happy New Year to you. Hope 2011 is full of joy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies =) Happy, happy times to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria: you write in a secret language only I can understand =) lol! love you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holly, we feel so privileged to have been on your blog, we now feel famous because of that.
    We wish you and Pauli a great new year full of Love and Happiness.
    Love You
    Zia and Zio
    PFC

    ReplyDelete