Friday, March 5, 2010

My Favourite Dinner


I don't know if it's the Italian influence here ... for our family, the perfect snack consisted of bread, cheese (preferably Parmesan), dried sausage and some wine. Mmmmmm.... So, probably inspired by that comes my perfect dinner, which I enjoyed this evening:

- Salad (mainly cucumbers, tomatoes and onions with a bit of Romain lettuce) dressed with olive oil, balsamic and red wine vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Bread, fresh and whole wheat.
- cheese, here we have some Parmesan, some English cheddar (not as good as Canadian cheddar, but you gotta deal...) and a Freach soft white cheese rolled in cranberries! Yum! I just discovered the last one this week and I'm loving it. Also last week I discovered another French cheese to fall in love with called Vacheron. But it's a seasonal cheese, only available in Winter months until March or so...
- Hungarian salami - ya, ya, I know, Hungarian!? But it's just that I find the fat content in Italian salami is not well distributed. You get these big chunks of fat you become really aware of as you chew. Not my bag.
- Fruit, in this case really succulent pears, but it could be grapes or really firm juicy apples...or dried figs.

I like these kind of snack meals. Maybe it's because I'm a lazy chef =) And of course Montignac wouldn't approve but ... well ... you know.

What's your favourite dinner?

Bon Appetit

1 comment:

  1. vacheron cheese is one of my favorite , i buy it often ,i love the taste of it ,there is a strong smell ,the texture is a little soft. i like that vacheron with fruits more than salad.the sweet of the fruit,especially pears and grapes plus the strong smell of vacheron is a good combination.
    i don't have a favorite dish, it goes with the time a have to prepare. but for sure mediteranien cusine is my favorite. BON APPETIT ,MOMMY, XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete