Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Music Man and the Friendly Dog

Ok. So it's been a long time since my last post. We've been busy with our new apartment, settling in and putting together furniture and all that stuff. It's been fun, but we still have lots to do.

So, here are some things I'd like to share:

The Music Man
On my walk to the train to go to work, I've seen the Music Man twice. The first time I saw him I was heart-warmed. He is this older, jolly looking man playing a music box on the corner of the street. I don't think he was even playing for money. He was just playing. So he's turning this handle and musical notes are floating through the air, you could practically see them! He was so cute. The second time I saw him, I was ready and snapped a picture =)






The Friendly Dog
I got to work early one day and decided to sit at a cafe and have a coffee outside. So I go in and order my stuff - ein latte macchiato bitte. I go out and sit at the table and a golden retriever is tied to the chair of that table, waiting for his owner, who is nowhere to be seen. So I sit. He looks at me. I look at him. He stands up and takes a couple of steps toward me and sniffs about. He drooled a bit on my jacket, but he was nice. Then he sat beside me and just kept me company you know. People walking by smiled at me and some even voiced greetings - "Guten tag" or "Hallo" ... I realized that these people would have paid no attention to me otherwise. It was all because of this dog! Eventually his owner came out of a nearby store. They did some tricks for me and then were on their way.

1 comment: